Sunday 10 July 2011

Its MUSIC HALL time!!

For the past ten years I have been a cast member of "The Bagdad Music Hall".  I was thrown in the deep end when I first moved back to Tassie by my friend Marie.  I had heard great things from my mate Steve Hildebrand (or Homebrand as we call him...better known in these parts as "Coon").  I was so nervous that I had to be pushed on stage and can I tell you I have never looked back!  We are like a family now and every year it rejuvenates my sense of humour!  It is getting more and more "tongue in cheek" every year and is so much fun.

Here's a taster....we made youtube!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iesvgu_FmDU&feature=share

Rehearsals start in March/April.....We put a hell of a lot of our own time into it...Rehearsals in Winter can be "fun" but when the curtain opens all the time and effort is worth it.  We have a ball and so do our guests!  You arrive to a gorgeous scene of candlelit tables and hot soup to start your meal....Then a full carvery meal and dessert between acts....you dont even have to leave your table for a drink...our fabulous "beer runners" bring you a fresh jug as soon as you raise it!  Half time we have a sing for your supper.....and those of you that have an URGE to get on stage...this is your chance!  It is a loved tradition in the Midlands and all proceeds from the show goes back into the community.

Young and old are involved....no previous experience required....alcohol is provided for inspiration LOL.  I am proud to be a member of the club and very proud to be a member of this community.  This year is our 30th Anniversary!  30 years this great show has been running....lets make it another 30!

If you live in Tassie and would like to come along.....book now!  The show runs from the 12th August until the 27th.   Fri and Sat only.  Call Maureen on 03 62686 170 to book!


Til next time...........

Break a leg! xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. sounds great. i wish i could be in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Cynthia! We have so much fun that it should be illegal hahahhaha

    ReplyDelete