Wednesday 31 August 2011

The Blue Funk




Its not often I get down...I mean we all have our shit days, but for 41 years I have always managed to pick my head up and get on with it...having kids makes that easier because, especially as a single parent, you just HAVE to move on...But I am down today....I lost an Uncle on Monday and the bullshit that families gather around deaths has made me reflect heavily on the loss of my wingman, Nan...She was the fighter of my battles and co-conspirator on paybacks haha....I miss her terribly today more so, as I do every year on the first day of Spring.  Nan's favourtie season, she was a very keen gardener....renewal, new beginnings, fresh starts (and Spring lambs...she loved to see them in the paddocks)....So I am finding it hard to pull myself out of this funk...you would think the upcoming cruise to Vanuatu Saturday morning would help..but its not...Everyone keeps telling me not "to worry" and just enjoy your trip....I am struggling with that too....



What do you do to de"funk" yourself?  I visited Nan's grave today as I do on the first day of Spring every year and will continue to, as I want her to have some of the Daffodils and Freesia's that she loved so much, to help ring in the new season...I will get over this (probably as soon as I get on the plane to Brisbane) but really on Struggle Street right now.


Even after the longest, darkest Winter...the promise of Spring renews.....

2 comments:

  1. Hi Meegs. So sorry to read you're in a funk. Your ongoing sadness of losing her is an indication of how important she was/is. It's beautiful in a sad way I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm afraid my de-funking is rather less esoteric...and tends to include chocolate, wine, loud dance-y music, flexing my Visa...
    sometimes a short term burst is just fine to jolt one out of the blues...
    other times I think it's ok to have the odd day of just feeling sorry for myself...

    ReplyDelete