Sunday 4 November 2012

SPD, ADHD, ANXIETY, FAR OUTTY.....

Well, after years of battling with my youngest son's behaviour, I have finally succumbed to medication.

I cant tell you how disappointed I am that we have had to try this path, I tried everything, diets, multivitamins, occupational therapy, heavy work, for fark sake, BOXING.....but his behavioural patterns just wont budge... He is not being diagnosed as ADHD, more anxiety, when mixed with the sensory processing disorder, these magical little capsules are supposed to help take away the stress and help with his concentration.

I'm really concerned about putting him on this medication, apparently its a new one (to Australia) called Strattera....

Any other readers in the same boat that felt this way? I cant help but feel like a failure...

Anyways...tomorrow is start day.....we will see how they go.....




2 comments:

  1. a month down, how is it going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. He has certainly started to settle, we had to change his dosage to nights as it makes him quite sleepy, so he has been sleeping well and definately calming down faster now than ever before. I cant say I have noticed a HUGE difference but the paediatrician says they can take up to 6-8 weeks to really kick in. Thanks for asking :)

    ReplyDelete