Thursday 3 March 2011

Hello Blog World!

Well hello blog world!  I have never done this before so I hope I am doing it right!  Who am I?  Well my name is Meegan (Meegs) I am 4o (ish) and have been a lapbander now for the past 2.6 years.  Do you want to hear about my journey? Probably not but its a pretty good achievement....I have gone from 167kg to 78kg and I must say I feel pretty damn good these days.  So that has been a major goal for me for nearly 3 years now and I am wondering, other than needing extensive reconstruction surgery (hehe), where does a single 41 yo woman go from here...new goals needed...Dont get me wrong..I have goals still unattained, such as buying my own home and affording a good education for my kids! But they will come.
So a little about me perhaps so you know who it is your reading about.... I am a single mum....always have been....been engaged 4 times (my mum calls me the runaway bride) but never married...which is probably a good thing or I would be divorced 4 times hahaha.... I have had a pretty good career path, now the Manager of a private investigation company (now theres a good read but alas not allowed :D ) have 3 kids aged 19, 10 & 9....live in  ruralish town of Brighton Tasmania and love it.   I would like to be seen as a kind hearted person, who believes in paying it forward, does random acts of kindness and spreads the joy.....although I have learnt from life not to be a pushover and have a pretty damn good right hook :D..... I like to see the best in everyone but am not blindfolded to the bad....Good and evil exist people..its fact.  Did I tell you I am a cooking nut?  I love to cook....I am a real nanna cook though, having inherited my beautiful Nan Venus's cook book and techniches.  She raised me most of my life, which I am eternally grateful for, but sadly died last March and I do miss her terribly.  She did, however, install in me a love of cooking, which is why after her death I began again as it makes me feel closer to her.  I will be thinking of a recipe and I can hear her in my head telling me...too much sugar...not enough flour hahaha....I now sell my (her) jelly cakes to a local coffee shop for a bit of pocket money and they are very popular!
Also I LURVE reading....I love Bryce Courtenay books most of all but also read Nora Roberts (love her trilogys), good old Cathy Kelly for a good chick read, Robert Barrett "Les Norton" books..good Aussie writer and dont mind an autobiography, especially musicians..they make for a great read haha.
Speaking of music, I play a 12 string Kyari acoustic, pretty basically really, but it is a great stress relief for me, when the kids drive me nuts I lock myself in my room and strum a tune or two...music calms the savage beast they say LOL.  I also have a new found passion for shoes...being 90 odd kg overweight most of my life..high heels were never really an option so now I find myself unexpectantly drawn to them....I love my wonder woman boots most of all! (not that I have ever worn them..along with most of my new found passion (pics will follow)
So what now?  I have a pretty good following on facebook so instead of telling my life story there I thought I would share it with everyone else in the world!  Each week I intend updating you all on the goings on in my world..be it weight loss or gain (NO NEVER!!) my week in a nut shell or what my kids are up to (usually driving me insane...anyone thinking of having 2 kids quick.....CLEARLY YOUR NOT THINKING!! hahahaha) or what I have been cooking!  So please feel free to leave me any comments and let me know if anyone is reading this lol

Thanks for reading!  Be nice to people!

Meegs :)

8 comments:

  1. I can vouch for the fact that you are a nice person!And you can sing like an angel as well. Welcome to blogging Meegs, it is heaps of fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girls! i think I will enjoy this little venture! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Meegs, thankyou, I have enjoyed what you have written thus far, please keep it up! I havnt known you for long but what I have seen and witnessed is a woman passionate about life, kind hearted and very generous. I am proud of your journey of such a huge weight loss, I think you are an amazing woman :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thank you Karen! What a compliment! I hope you enjoy it...I am so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. tania lockwood4 March 2011 at 19:00

    great job my lovely friend! terribly proud!!! mwah! tan & locky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi meegan very good start look forward to reading more

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Win....this was my first page...theres a few more now if you look to the right you can click on the rest :)

    ReplyDelete