Saturday 5 March 2011

Live life to the fullest!

My weekends are pretty well known to be full on.  I am very lucky that my boys get babysat Sat nights....I do not feel guilty about this...I have them 24/7 and deserve to have a night off a week I think.  So I usually cram as much as possible into them....You could be dead tomorrow...I want to enjoy my time off!  So I try to get a dance in at least once a fortnight.  I spent so many years resisting the urge to dance as I was scared that everyone would be looking at me saying "look at that fat girl dancing".....A friend pointed out to me once when I told her that, it was a pretty egotistical thing to think that everyone would be looking at me LOL.....point taken, but as a studier of human nature for most of my life, it is a fact that the fat girl will be pointed out first.
Well I have lost weight now and Im making up for it! Last night I had the opportunity to see one of my favourite performers live for the first time.  Donovan Frankenreiter.  His music lifts my soul, it reminds me of laying in a hammock by the beach.  He didnt fail me and I proceeded to lock myself away in my own little world and dance to every glorious note, every casual rythym and every funky riff!  Now I am a 41yo woman in a world of 20 year old glammers on the dance floor and I couldnt give a rats arse!  The funny thing I found last night is the girls around me started imitating my moves and we all had a fantastic groove going on.
Funny footnote:  Album name: Move by yourself LOL

Dance like no-ones watching, Sing like no-ones listening and Love like you've never been hurt!

1 comment: