Monday 14 March 2011

Some Men Are Strange Creatures!

As you know, I am a single girl and have been overweight for the majority of my life.  I am now getting attention from men that I have never received before and I must say, as much as I enjoy the attention (who wouldn't) I am disgusted with the attitude some men have!
On Sat night I went up to the Great Lakes for a local band we all love and proceeded to enjoy ourselves as only we can haha.  I was so shocked to have two (not one) men, that I have known for a considerable amount of time (and both have partners) try to put the hard word on me!
Now I like to party with the best of them but I have never in 40 odd years had the reputation of a easy root and was so dissapointed that they would think now that I am "rootable" I would be up for it.  Didn't worry either of them that I knew their partners.
I find this very disillusional ....Are there any decent men left in the world or am I destined for a life of AA batteries?? I finish my blog with this today....what do you think?

Women are like apples on trees.

The best ones are at the top of the tree. Most men don't want to reach for the good ones because they are afraid of falling and getting hurt. Instead, they sometimes take the apples from the ground that aren't as good, but easy. The apples at the top think something is wrong with them, when in reality, they're amazing. They just have to wait for the right person to come along, the one who is brave enough to climb all the way to the top of the tree.

Now Men.... Men are like a fine wine. They begin as grapes, and it's up to women to stomp the s**t out of them until they turn into something acceptable to have dinner with. :)

5 comments:

  1. Im reading a book at the moment, Jon Gabriael, in the book he mentions to love yourself as you are in this very moment. men like this make it hard as they only see the outside, then again , what would you expect of a man that would cheat on his wife, shows lack of all the good qualities we look for in a man.
    those men tried to make you the apple on the ground or lower branch, we all know you are the crunchy, yummy apple at the top :) im right up there with you and im happy to wait for the man who can be bothered to look up and admire me and then work out how to get me, sheesh it would only take a ladder!!!! well its apple season in the Huon Valley now, maybe my apple picker will be walking into town lol
    hmmm i wonder what the blokes will think about being a grape lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahahaha good luck with the seasonal pickers baby!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your blog my wonderful friend! tan

    ReplyDelete
  4. You stated that these 2 men were long time friends, I think it is time to ask yourself if these type of people are worthy of your friendship. You are an amazing woman, and to think they thought they could treat you with such disrespect is apalling (hmm not sure if I spelled that right or not :) ) a good man will come your way, change some of your 'regular' places you go, maybe mr. right will be there! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. You may be right Kaz...I try to mix it up all the time...change is as good as a holiday they say LOL

    ReplyDelete